03 Oct Director Assistant
Website Real Options for City Kids
Real Options for City Kids Job Opening – Director Assistant
Job Overview Title: Director Assistant
Reports To : Beacon Director / Director of Programs
Pay: Competitive, based on skills & experience
Commitment: Full time
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: October 31, 2018
Description: Adventure. Fun. Life Changing. This is what Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is all about. If you want to be a part of a dynamic community that helps bring real opportunities and growth to youth in Visitacion Valley, then this is the right job for you. R.O.C.K. gives kids a chance to engage in cool enrichment activities, sports and fitness, leadership training, outdoor adventures, and amazing summer camp opportunities. You will work side by side with the Director of Programs/Beacon Director, to assist with initiatives to strengthen the programs offered by R.O.C.K., as well as learn about the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
● Assist the Director in developing and implementing plans and goals for the after school R.O.C.K. programs
● Works with Director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
● Oversee student registration process
● Assists with action plans that make organizational goals possible
● Assist in staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, etc.)
● Assist in budgeting and monitoring expenses
● Maintain scheduling of events and represent the program when needed
● Ensure compliance and regulations and internal policies; maintain compliance for Beacon and ExCEL contracts
● Create reports and submit them to the Director
● Create and maintain a safe and respectful learning environment for participants and staff
● Be a leader and role model to staff and youth
● Develop positive relationships with students, teachers, and staff
● During after school program hours assist in quality of programming as a floater teacher
· Proven experience as an assistant or other similar position
· 1-2 years of experience working with children
· 1-2 years of experience fostering parent relationships
· Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Detail-oriented, sense of humor, takes initiative, driven by excellence, appreciates process and procedures.
· Desire to work with at-risk urban families
· Aptitude in problem-solving
· Have a reliable means of transportation to and from program
· Bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Vietnamese and/or Samoan a plus but not required.
· Must clear personal background check and provide proof of a negative TB test within the past four years.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://rocksf.org/forms/Director Assistant Job Description.pdf →