09 Oct Marketing & Development Coordinator
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Real Options for City Kids Job Opening
Marketing & Development Coordinator
Description: Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing positive opportunities for San Francisco children who need it most. We are seeking a charismatic and intelligent individual ready to make a positive impact in the lives of children. You will work alongside our Executive Director on externally facing initiatives that raise awareness and funds critical to the longevity of our programs.
Job Overview Title: Marketing & Development Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Pay: Competitive with benefits (health, retirement, etc.)
Commitment: Full time starting November 5, 2018
- Serve as an ambassador of R.O.C.K. to volunteers, contacts and donors
- Provide support to the Executive Director for major donor campaigns
- Manage our pipeline of individual and corporate donors
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Manage fundraising events/campaigns such as donor solicitations, crowdfunding, community building, corporate events, etc.
- Maintain contact database
- Manage relationship with corporate partners
- Manage social media presence
- Perform both strategic (e.g. marketing strategy, fundraising plan, etc.) and ground level (e.g. data entry into our CRM, letter creation/mailing, etc.) functions
- As we are a small office, provide a light level of office administrative functions when necessary
- Passion for R.O.C.K.’s work of supporting children in Visitacion Valley
- Detail-oriented, sense of humor, takes initiative, driven by excellence, likable personality, creative, quick learner, fun and entrepreneurial spirit
- Four year college degree
- Excellent public speaking
- Ability to lead multiple long-term and short-term projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years of experience managing projects (fundraising, event planning and volunteer management a plus)
- Proficient in MS Office & Google Suite
- Experience with any/all of the following a plus (Crowdfunding platforms, CRM systems, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and/or other platforms to produce visual media)
- Appreciates process and procedure
- Has a reliable means of transportation to Visitacion Valley
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below.
- Cover letter (please no more than one page, single spaced):
- Please respond to the following questions. Please limit your responses to 40 words per question.
– What interests you most about this job?
– What about R.O.C.K.’s mission is most motivational to you?
– What is the most important quality you expect from a supervisor?
– What is your ideal working environment?
– Do you prefer following instructions or acting independently?
– What are your three most important attributes or skills that you believe you would bring to R.O.C.K.?
– Tell us about yourself, what do you like to do outside of work?
– You have 172 characters, Tweet your bio.
- Contact information for 3 references
- Salary Range Requirement
Keywords: fundraising, relationship building, volunteer management, communications, social media, public relations, pr, corporate engagement, individual giving, corporate partnerships, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, associate, campaign, event planning, sales, sales engineer, management, content marketing, content creation, gifts, strategic partnerships, group volunteering, professionalism, written communication