05 Jul MS Assistant Program Coordinator
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is dedicated to nurturing the healthy development of children by listening attentively to their needs and by providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access. R.O.C.K. aims to promote the positive development and long-term success of the youth that it serves through a combination of in-school and after school learning enrichment, sports and fitness, leadership training, outdoor adventure, and summer camp opportunities. R.O.C.K.’s programs are designed to serve girls and boys, ages 6-17, who live in or attend school in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. Please visit www.rocksf.org for more information.
Job Title: Assistant Program Coordinator
Reports to: Middle School Program Coordinator
Pay: Competitive, based on skills & experience
Commitment: Full time
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: August 7th
Through a combination of employee supervision, program management, and curriculum development, you will work side by side with the Middle School Program Coordinator, to assist Coordinator with initiatives to strengthen the after school program.
• Assist the Coordinator in the overall creation and implementation of after school programs at Visitacion Valley Beacon Site – R.O.C.K. program
• Works with Program Coordinator to create and track goals, objectives and action plans that coincide with organizational goals
• Secure all necessary supplies, information and registration materials for programs
• Train and manage staff members
• Promote and publicize programs to current/new participants
• Communicate regularly with participants and their families
• Administer program/youth development surveys twice a year, compile results and enhance program
• Facilitate and/or attend all meetings with R.O.C.K. Beacon staff and partners
• Maintain compliance for Beacon and ExCEL contracts
• Create and maintain a safe and respectful learning environment for participants and staff
• Be a leader and role model to staff and youth
• Develop positive relationships with students, teachers, and staff
• Attend all scheduled R.O.C.K. events
• 1-2 years of experience working with children
• 1-2 years of experience fostering parent relationships
• Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Detail-oriented, sense of humor, takes initiative, driven by excellence, appreciates
process and procedures.
• Desire to work with at-risk urban families
• Have a reliable means of transportation to and from program
• Bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Vietnamese and/or Samoan a plus but not
• Must clear personal background check and provide proof of a negative TB test within
the past four years.
Click below to download application instructions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://rocksf.org/forms/MS AssistantProgramCoordinator.pdf →