ROCK has a strong community of volunteers who donate their time
to ensure participants are provided the best experience possible.
Volunteers are a diverse group and include past/current participants,
college students and working professionals. While many have different
backgrounds, all have a common passion for making positive change
in a community so desperate for quality programming. With hundreds
of volunteers, ROCK is able to run a stream-lined organization
where most of its budget is spent on programs.
While there is definite value to the community, volunteers see
many benefits such as the following:
- The feeling of making a positive impact in the life of a child
- The impact that a child's smile can make in your life
- The opportunity to meet other like-minded volunteers both during
and outside of programs
chance to receive ongoing training by ROCK's team of professionals
ROCK has ongoing opportunities to volunteer throughout the
entire year. Programs take place during the school day,
after school, Saturdays and throughout the summer and we
are always looking for new people to include in our network.
Examples of volunteering opportunities include the following:
- Teach an elementary school child to play a team-based
- Take a middle school participant on an outdoor adventure
- Assist a participant in completing their homework
If direct service is not for you, ROCK has plenty of opportunities
to be involved such as the following:
- Provide professional assistance in your area of expertise
- Assist with ROCK's fundraising events, or create your
- Be an advocate and spread the ROCK name
- Serve on ROCK's Board of Directors to guide the organization
Because of its reputation for providing the highest quality
youth development programs, ROCK has big expectations of its
volunteers. As a volunteer, we expect the following:
- Promptness and dependability
- Imagination and creativity
- Sense of humor
- Discretion and trustworthiness with confidential matters
relating to kids and their families
- A warm, positive, and supportive attitude
- Sensitivity to childrens needs
- Respect for others
Ready to take the plunge? Volunteer is easy and rewarding. To get
started volunteering in programs, you will need to do the following:
You must love working with children and know that you want
to spend quality time with them to build positive relationships!
2. Complete the attached Volunteer
Registration form and fax it to 614-333-4034.
3. After completing Step 2, ROCK will mail/email you
a finger print card to obtain background clearance, as required
by San Francisco Unified School District.
4. Attend a ROCK Volunteer Training session. You will
be notified when upcoming sessions will occur.