12 Jul Safety & Support Lead
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Safety and Support Lead
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing hope for children and youth in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. R.O.C.K. employees make a positive impact with youth every single day. Our mission is to nurture the healthy development of children by providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a range of positive programs.
At R.O.C.K., we serve more than 500 children (ages 6- 17) with a framework that develops strong social and emotional skills, develops strong academic behaviors and broadens horizons. Start changing youth lives forever, today!
Job Title: Safety and Support Lead
Pay: $16.50-$19 /hour depending on skill and experience
Hours: 20-30 hours/week during the school year, with potential to continue working over the summer
- M, T, W,F – 1:30pm – 6:30
- TH – 12:30-6:30
- Assist in after school monitoring of students in the hallways
- Monitor building and grounds to assure safety and support for participants
- Calling for students via walkie talkie, upon the request of a parent or guardian, to pick up their child
- Monitor sign out sheet, ensuring all students sign out of program with appropriate time
- Immediately access emergency services should the need arise
- Immediately inform the Program Coordinator of any concerns with the safety and support of our youth and/or staff
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with children, staff, and families
- Complete own administrative paperwork (time sheets, time off requests, reimbursements, etc.) in a timely fashion
- Assist with inputting program attendance
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
- Being a leader and role model to youth
- Setting up and cleaning up of program spaces
- Develop positive relationships with students, teachers, and staff
- Maintain communication with Program Coordinator and Beacon Director
- Attending all scheduled program events
- Assisting in planning program wide celebrations
- Attending bi-weekly check-in meetings with supervisor, dates and times TBD and in addition to weekly hours
- Attend weekly staff meetings; TBD and in addition to weekly hours
- One year of experience in working with children
- Desire to work with underserved children
- Warm and welcoming demeanor
- Reliable means of transportation to and from program
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese and/or Samoan is a plus
- Provide proof of a negative TB screen within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
HOW TO APPLY
- Check out www.rocksf.org to make sure R.O.C.K. is a good fit.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with either “Safety and Support Position” in the SUBJECT line and attach the following:
- Cover letter (no more than one page, single spaced) telling us about what drew you to R.O.C.K. and which activity/class you would like to lead
- Contact information for 3 references
R.O.C.K. is an incredible organization and we hope to be able to serve you on your career path! Apply today!
Download the PDF version of the job posting.
To apply for this job please visit rocksf.org.