16 Apr Summer Activity Leader
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing hope for children and youth in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. R.O.C.K. employees make a positive impact with youth every single day. Our mission is to nurture the healthy development of children by providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a range of positive programs.
At R.O.C.K., we serve more than 500 children (ages 6- 17) with a framework that develops strong social and emotional skills, develops strong academic behaviors and broadens horizons. Start changing youth lives forever, today!
Job Title: Summer Activity Leader
Pay: $18 – $22/hour depending on skill and experience
Hours: Summer – 30+ hours/week. June 7-July 16. Monday-Friday – 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Develop, lead, and evaluate daily engaging after school/summer classes for 16 students (in a group of 3 instructors)
- Assist in academic support
- Effectively manage classrooms using positive discipline philosophy and restorative practices
- Motivate youth to succeed in their personal and academic life
- Complete engaging and fun lesson plans with the help of the Site Coordinator
- Create and maintain a safe and respectful learning environment
- Develop positive relationships with students, teachers and staff and maintain positive rapport with parents/guardians
- Be a leader and role model to youth
- Set-up and clean-up program spaces
- Maintain communication with Program Coordinators
- Attend all scheduled program events
- Assist in planning program wide celebrations
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings with supervisor for professional development
- One year of experience in working with children
- Desire to work with underserved children
- Good sense of humor
- Reliable means of transportation to and from program
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese and/or Samoan is a plus
- 48 college credits from an accredited college or university or successful completion of the Instructional Aide Exam (administered after hire)
- Provide proof of a negative TB screen within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made
- Candidate must provide a negative COVID test before starting. If you have not been vaccinated, you will need to be re-tested every 2 weeks.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
How to Apply:
Check out www.rocksf.org make sure R.O.C.K. is a good fit.
- Send an email to jobs[at]rocksf.org with either “Summer Position” in the SUBJECT line and attach the following:
- Contact information for 3 references
R.O.C.K. is an incredible organization and we hope to be able to serve you on your career path! Apply today!