20 Sep Elementary School Beacon Director
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Beacon Director Position
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing hope for children and youth in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. Our mission is to nurture the healthy development of children by listening attentively to their needs and providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a range of positive programs. At R.O.C.K., we serve more than 500 children (ages 6- 17) with a framework that develops strong social and emotional skills, develops strong academic behaviors and broadens horizons. Our programs span the entire year and take place during the school day, after school, on weekends, and throughout the summer. We provide sports/fitness activities, academic support, learning enrichment, community service, outdoor adventures and leadership training.
Please visit: www.rocksf.org for more information.
Job Title: Elementary School Beacon Director
Description: With a high degree of support from our Director of Programs, this is a fantastic opportunity for an up-and-coming and dynamic individual to lead our Elementary School Beacon Center (community school model). The Beacon Center provides after school, in-school, Saturday and summer programs. This person will report to the Director of Programs.
- Supervise the Site Coordinator
- Work with the Director of Programs to create and track goals, objectives, and action plans that coincide with organizational goals
- Understand and maintain compliance in regards to policies from Department of Children, Youth and Families, San Francisco Beacon Initiative, San Francisco Unified School District, R.O.C.K. and other relevant entities
- Directly coordinate and implement Saturday and summer programs
- Create/Manage program budget
- Partner with School Site Administration to co-plan school wide programs and events
- Work with Principal to align programs with school vision
- Attend in-school meetings, such as ILT, Grade Level, etc., to better partner and collaborate with the school
- Schedule and facilitate regular check-ins with school administration
- Co-plan and cross-promote other R.O.C.K. programs
- Maintain quality of standards and program expectations as outlined by Director of Programs
- Maintain partnerships with various resources including local schools, nonprofits, community groups, businesses, etc.
- Secure all necessary supplies, information, and registration materials for programs
- Support the Site Coordinator in the recruitment, training and management of 10-15 part-time line-staff employees
- Train and manage interns
- Train and manage volunteers
- Maintain an Average Daily Attendance as mandated by the contract
- Communicate regularly with participants and their families
- Communicate regularly with School Administration, teachers, counselors, social workers, family liaison, etc.
- Responsible for Administrative duties including but not limited to data reporting, attendance, and human resource
- 1-2 years managing a team to results and outcomes
- 1-2 years of youth program supervision/coordination experience
- 1-2 years of direct service working with “at risk” urban children
- Knowledgeable of trauma-informed practices, restorative practices, youth development and social emotional learning
- Management experience in a nonprofit setting
- Budget management
- Detail-oriented, sense of humor, takes initiative, driven by excellence
- Ability to form strong interpersonal and strategic relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Valid CA driver’s license with clean record and regular access to vehicle
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
For application instructions, please download our full job description in PDF form
To apply for this job please visit rocksf.org.