13 Jul After School Instructor / Teacher
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing hope for children and youth in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. R.O.C.K. employees make a positive impact with youth every single day. Our mission is to nurture the healthy development of children by providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a range of positive programs. At R.O.C.K., we serve more than 900 children (ages 6- 17) with a framework that develops healthy social and emotional skills, develops strong academic behaviors and broadens horizons. Start changing youth lives forever, today! Please visit: www.rocksf.org for more information.
Job Title: After School Instructor / Teacher
Pay: $18.50 – $23.00/hour depending on experience
Hours: Contracts run from 8/8/22 through 6/2/23 (the school year)
- Part Time: 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday – hours ranging from 12:30pm-6:00pm (depending on site)
- Full Time: 40 hours ranging from 8:00am-6:00pm, with health and retirement benefits, paid holidays, and continued work hours during school breaks (e.g. spring break).
Sites: R.O.C.K. runs in-school and after-school programs at 3 school sites (each staff person works at only one school site):
- El Dorado Elementary School (K-5 grade) – 70 Delta St, San Francisco
- Visitacion Valley Elementary School (K-5 grade) – 55 Schwerin St, San Francisco
- Visitacion Valley Middle School (6-8 grade) – 1971 Visitacion Ave, San Francisco
- Develop, lead, and evaluate daily engaging after school classes for 15 – 25 students
- Assist in academic support
- Effectively manage classrooms using positive discipline philosophy and restorative practices
- Motivate youth to succeed in their personal and academic life
- Complete engaging and fun lesson plans with the help of the Site Coordinator
- Create and maintain a safe and respectful learning environment
- Develop positive relationships with students, teachers and staff and maintain positive rapport with parents/guardians
- Be a leader and role model to youth
- Set-up and clean-up program spaces
- Maintain communication with Site Coordinator and Director
- Attend all scheduled program events
- Assist in planning program wide celebrations
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings with supervisor for professional development
- One year of experience in working with children
- Desire to work with underserved children
- Reliable means of transportation to and from program
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese and/or Samoan is a plus
- 48 college credits from an accredited college or university or successful completion of the Instructional Aide Exam (administered after hire)
- Provide proof of a negative TB screen within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
R.O.C.K. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply:
Check out www.rocksf.org to make sure R.O.C.K. is a good fit. Send an email to jobs [at] rocksf.org with “After School Position” in the SUBJECT line and attach the following:
- Cover letter (no more than one page, single spaced) telling us about what drew you to R.O.C.K. and which activity/class you would like to lead
- Contact information for 3 references
R.O.C.K. is an incredible organization and we hope to be able to serve you on your career path! Apply today!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.