02 Mar After School Activity Leaders
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
After School Activity Leaders
Work with Elementary or Middle School students!
Part-time and full-time positions available!
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing hope for children and youth in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. R.O.C.K. employees make a positive impact with youth every single day. Our mission is to nurture the healthy development of children by providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a range of positive programs.
At R.O.C.K., we serve more than 500 children (ages 6-17) with a framework that develops strong social and emotional skills, develops strong academic behaviors and broadens horizons. Start changing youth lives forever, today!
PAY: $17 – $20/hour depending on skill and experience
Part-time hours listed below. During the school year there are several full-time positions available, with benefits! 40 hours (8:30am-5:30pm), which include in-school literacy support in addition to the after school hours.
After School: El Dorado Elementary School (70 Delta Street)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday – 1:30pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday – 12:30pm – 6:00pm
After School: Visitacion Valley Elementary School (55 Schwerin Street)
- Monday – Friday – 2:30pm – 6:00pm
After School: Visitacion Valley Middle School (1971 Visitacion Ave.)
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday – 2:30pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Friday – 12:45pm – 6:30pm
- Develop, lead, and evaluate daily engaging after school/summer classes for 15 – 25 students
- Assist in academic support
- Effectively manage classrooms using positive discipline philosophy and restorative practices
- Motivate youth to succeed in their personal and academic life
- Complete engaging and fun lesson plans with the help of the Site Coordinator
- Create and maintain a safe and respectful learning environment
- Develop positive relationships with students, teachers and staff and maintain positive rapport with parents/guardians
- Be a leader and role model to youth
- Set-up and clean-up program spaces
- Maintain communication with Program Coordinators
- Attend all scheduled program events
- Assist in planning program wide celebrations
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings with supervisor for professional development
- One year of experience in working with children
- Desire to work with underserved children
- Good sense of humor
- Reliable means of transportation to and from program
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese and/or Samoan is a plus
- 48 college credits from an accredited college or university or successful completion of the Instructional Aide Exam (administered after hire)
- Provide proof of a negative TB screen within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
Download the full listing which includes application instructions.
To apply for this job please visit rocksf.org.