09 Jul Safety and Support Lead
Website Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.)
Safety and Support Lead
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is an award-winning nonprofit providing hope for children and youth in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley. R.O.C.K. employees make a positive impact with youth every single day. Our mission is to nurture the healthy development of children by providing opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a range of positive programs.
At R.O.C.K., we serve more than 500 children (ages 6- 17) with a framework that develops strong social and emotional skills, develops strong academic behaviors and broadens horizons. Start changing youth lives forever, today!
Job Title: Safety and Support Lead
Pay: $17.50-$22.00 /hour depending on skill and experience
Hours: 20-30 hours/week during the school year, with potential to continue working over the summer
– M, T, W,F – 1:30 pm – 6:30 pm
– TH – 12:30 pm -6:30 pm
- Monitor the hallways and assist with students getting to their destination.
- Adhere to building and grounds safety protocols to assure safety of school
- Ensure pick up protocols are followed at student pick up.
- Immediately inform the Program Coordinator of any concerns with the safety and support of our youth and/or staff
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with children, staff, and families
- Communicate daily with families regarding events, student circumstances, and community updates
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
- Serve as a leader and role model to youth
- Responsible for setting up and cleaning up of certain program spaces
- Develop positive relationships with students, teachers, and staff
- Maintain communication with Program Coordinator and Beacon Director
- Attend all scheduled program events
- Assist in planning program wide celebrations
- Attend bi-weekly check-in meetings with supervisor, dates and times TBD and in addition to weekly hours
- Attend weekly staff meetings; TBD and in addition to weekly hours
- One year of experience in working with children
- Desire to work with underserved children
- Warm and welcoming demeanor
- Reliable means of transportation to and from program
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese and/or Samoan is a plus
- Provide proof of a negative TB screen within the past four years
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
HOW TO APPLY
- Check out www.rocksf.org to make sure R.O.C.K. is a good fit.
- Send an email to email@example.com with either “Safety and Support Position” in the SUBJECT line and attach the following:
○ Cover letter (no more than one page, single spaced) telling us about what drew you to R.O.C.K. and which activity/class you would like to lead
○ Contact information for 3 references
R.O.C.K. is an incredible organization and we hope to be able to serve you on your career path! Apply today!