16 Apr R.O.C.K.’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
April 16, 2020 – A message to our community from Curt Yagi, R.O.C.K.’s Executive Director
I hope you are getting into a healthy routine as we continue to adapt to the current state of the world we live in. I hope you were able to read the message I sent last week regarding R.O.C.K.’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. With everything changing on a weekly, daily, hourly basis, I thought I would provide another update on our plans for the upcoming months.
Our Executive Leadership Team, comprised of myself as well as Hanna Doerr, Deputy Director, and Gina Patterson, Director of Programs, in partnership with our Board of Directors, have determined three areas of priority as we strategize for the next several months as follows:
- Take care of our staff – We seek to keep our staff healthy and productive, and with a paycheck.
- Take care of our community – We will assist our community of students and families in any tasks for which there are needs.
- Ensure the long-term health of our organization – When we return to somewhat normalcy, we want to ensure R.O.C.K. is in a position to deliver all programs we have promised.
Programs & Staff
With the closure of all San Francisco Unified School District schools through the end of the school year, there is plenty of work for our team to do. I am happy to report that we have been able to offer 100% of our employees 100% of their contracted hours during this time. Our work, in partnership with all public schools in Visitacion Valley, will consist of activities that directly serve our community as well as tasks to build R.O.C.K.’s capacity. To give you an idea of some of our work…
- Direct Service – Distributing food to those in need, assisting school teachers with virtual individualized/small group support of students, providing virtual enrichment activities to students, etc.
- Capacity Building – Building our lesson plan library for future classes, enhancing our processes and procedures to create organizational efficiencies, and conducting virtual trainings to increase knowledge of our staff.
We will continue to keep our fingers on the pulse of our world and will provide updates as they arise.
Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.